Saturday, October 29, 2011

I am learning to “stay,” to “pause.....”

I believe there is power in honesty and vulnerability, something which is perhaps being missed in some the New Thought Spiritual Communities but that which is so embraced in the rooms of AA. In the “rooms” we allow each other the space and time to speak from wherever they are in their lives without any need or opportunity to give advice and without doing anything but listening as a group. In this, we all get the chance to witness healing. This should be proof enough that we don’t have the power to fix others and yet there is incredible power in being with others through the ups and the downs of their lives.

Right now, I am feeling deep emotion and my first thought is to smoke, but nope I just remembered I quit smoking 19 days ago, nope, can’t have a glass of wine…thank God that’s not an option anymore ‘cause it never made anything better anyway, at least not in the long run. “Run!” that’s exactly what I want and have been “conditioned” to do. But through sobriety and yoga, I am learning to “stay,” to “pause,” and experience the truth of “this too shall pass.” The perfect example is being in a revolved triangle pose, one of the most challenging yoga poses in my current practice, I just want to back out or push harder, past my body’s limits and yet the most peace I find is just staying somewhere in the middle and breathing, the next posture will come soon enough, just stay.

So, in this moment I pause and chose a healthier outlet, writing. I will share my journey with you through this keyboard. I will “stay”, stay present until the heat of this current of emotion recedes like a wave into the ocean of my life. It’s all Good…. It’s all God.

No comments:

Post a Comment