Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Communities of Love, The Group Dynamic


Hello Law,
This is Love
Here for the Planting
Thanks in Advance for receiving
Each word as a Seed
The Seeds I sow today
Are seeds of Prosperity, Clarity & Love

Here you go Law, here is my seed of Love
May Love Burst forth in it’s Power, Elegance & Brightness
In Every area of my life, Love is the
Magical ebb & flow of all of the tides of my life
My heart, mind and body aligned by the centripetal force of Love

May My life Burst forth continuous waves of Grace, Love’s Embrace
May Love have its full way with me,
Expanding and expressing me beyond my conceptions
May Love Bless me with heavenly Prosperity and
May I be the heart and mind to receive my prosperity
Graciously, Gratefully & Humbly


Have you ever noticed that when you miss a meeting for a few days you always get that free ticket to “restless, irritable and discontent.”  I definitely notice the correlation and from what I hear out of the old timers in the meetings, it doesn’t change.  There is something so powerful about the group dynamic.  I believe there is a deep call for community, honesty and love in the world right now, which put together is exactly what you get at a 12-step meeting…. this is precisely why we say we are grateful recovering __________…. Because we get this gift that in essence most people are literally “dying for.”  Yesterday I allowed the sole activity of my day to be work and simultaneously heard some of my friends participating and hanging out with each other and although I was tired and wanted my own space I found and find myself sitting with what I call, the green monster – the J word – alright, jealousy!  There, I said it, Blick! I have a tough time with this one because it drives me into emotionally draining cyclones and although much less now than ever before I still find myself caught in the cycle from time to time.  I get so worked up in my head about how “the grass is greener” somewhere else and I forget to focus on the presence of Good right where I am.  If I’m jealous about other people fellowshipping(as we call it), then I need to show up for more fellowshipping of my own and be open to connecting with new people and go through the discomforts that I find when a GIANT group of people is eating dinner together, or driving all the way across town or get over whatever false time crunch I think I am in and get myself involved.  I have to remember that my good is right here where I am standing.  I must remember that I am living connected to all of life right where I am, there is nothing missing and nothing wrong.  Today, I focus on the gifts of today, all of the beautiful people in my life who support me and love me and guide me, today.  I have a rockin’ sponsor, an amazing best friend, precious time with my mom, a great group of women in my home group and a sister and brother in-law who live in the next neighborhood, awesome new co-workers, a great job, the best coffee in the world, about a zillion meetings a day, a beautiful fall as far as Seattle goes a really bright future and so what then could there possibly be to complain about??  My perspective has become askew, perhaps it’s caused by the same thing it usually is, too many missed meetings!  Mmmmm, so I get up to write this entry before a meeting and I am already feeling lifted….. and I know that when I sit down in my seat at my home group in 32 minutes, I will feel that same familiar feeling of the weight I have been carrying dissolve right off my shoulders into the room.  I give thanks for the loving power of the rooms today!  I am truly grateful to be a member of a 12-step program today.  So, with a loving nudge, get your booty to a meeting too.  Much Love to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment