Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Our Angels Who Dedicate Themselves to Our Truth


I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who has always lived in a way that is simply inspiring to me.  She, like me, has never subscribed to the conditioning of the world.  Recently, while she was in Brazil when her father had a major hemorrhagic stroke.  With the experience of being an ABA therapist working with kids with autism all over the world, a background in spiritual studies and kick ass partner and 24 hours of traveling home – she was able to implement her faith and in the process she became a huge part of the miracle that continues to occur in her family(and beyond)’s life.  Molly decided to stay dedicated to her faith in miracles and she held her vision and awareness on the plane of the highest possibilities for her father, from the get-go.  She did not waiver from her faith…this I respect so much.  It is truly an honor to bear witness to the journey as she describes what we decided is a red carpet of miracles and her father as the Oscar winner. 

Being sober is about being present to these miracles in life.  It is about being available to the tears that welled up in my eyes as I listened to my friend’s journey over the phone as she described it from her home in Brooklyn, 3,000 miles away.  Being sober is about being a friend, a daughter, a community member, a life-giver and not a life sucker.  This happens as a result of keeping our attention and intention on the possibility of miracles when the rest of the world is believing in the doubt and the smallness of themselves and others….like Molly’s fathers nurses who repeated the trained beliefs and behavior of the western medical system….generalized inference of doubt and practices of coping instead of true healing… I wouldn’t have subscribed… and neither did Molly.  She stood true to what she believed in her heart of hearts about the health and vitality of her father and now this man is walking, talking, eating and bringing gratitude and joy to the world through a little nursing home somewhere in New Hampshire as he throws Thanksgiving feasts for himself, his roommate Chip and everyone at the rehabilitation facility. 

I believe in the Universe.  I believe in it because I see it working miracles in the lives of so many each day.  Every person sitting in a seat in the rooms today is a demonstration of these miracles.  Some days the miracles are loud and clear and sometimes they are so subtle but equally powerful…. It’s these subtle miracles that I go the extra mile in my spiritual practice to be available to.  I know they are happening all around me and yet it’s not enough to know…. I want to be a part of them experientially.  There are angels like Molly throughout the rooms who believe in our health and sanity when so many have given up on us and written us off.  I am grateful for all of my angels today.  I am grateful for your angels today.  I believe in your health and well-being so if you have forgotten – you can borrow my faith because I do believe in the Perfect Wholeness, within you. The Light of Love Burns Brightly where you are, can you feel it ;-)?

No comments:

Post a Comment