Thursday, November 17, 2011

Spiritual Maturity


To learn to trust that there is something so good being worked out amidst a storm in your life is to reap the benefits of sobriety and yoga.  I truly believe that The Universe only creates the storms of change when we are ready to handle it.  Often times it is the first stage of a change that we have been praying for and unbenounced to us, we usually don’t recognize it as such.  Spiritual maturity has to do with recognizing it as such J  Spiritual maturity which is developed through the practices of yoga and the principles of sobriety, has to do with identifying with God within us and less with our humanity.  Spiritual maturity has to do with developing a relationship with our intuition and learning to trust this intuitive place within us.  Spiritual maturity has it’s sweet gifts and yet the wrestling between the ego and the True self can be confusing, daunting and straight up challenging at times.  I find in my moments of triumph and peace that all of the wrestling I have done with my angels and demons has been worthwhile and the very vehicle of my deepening.  I have noticed that some people are not at a place where they want to deepen…. and I have come to realize that this is ok!  It is so important that as we journey into the various realms of our being and realize how dynamic we are, certainly beyond the five senses, that we don’t attach ourselves to the idea that others need to be on our journey.  It’s so natural to want to give this feeling away.  For me, it feels like through various spiritual foundations and communities, that we indeed have the key to life.  I just want to hand everyone the keys to the kingdom.  But, what I am understanding more now is that this may not be the time in your journey to be given the keys.  I know there were people who loved me so dearly and wanted to see me succeed in my early twenties who were dying to hand me my sobriety….. well – simply – I wasn’t ready.  I thank God every day for the dominant experience of feeling ready now.  I say the “dominant” experience because there are still fleeting moments where my disease almost tricks me into believing that I’d be ok if I had a drink again.  In my previous attempts to get sober I had the reverse experience of my dominant thought patterns being identified with the idea that I would be ok if I drank again and fleeting moments of identifying with the truth that my life is a life that is best lived completely sober – I know what will happen to me if I drink.  I am grateful not to be wrestling this particular angel very often, anymore.  I am grateful to be experiencing increased freedom thanks to my time on my mat, working the steps and in the rooms.  So, if you’re like me and are wondering when the feeling of “wrestling” and resistance will pass… please just know that it will.  Breathe into the now moment of your life and trust the intuition within you.  Show up to a meeting and arrive on your mat with everything you have got and life is sure to open up in a way that you cannot now comprehend.  Life is, by it’s very nature, good.   Make this a beautiful day – after all, it’s your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment