Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Unleashing Your Call


We all have people who inspire and move us on a soul level.  The person who inspires me the most in this world is Dave Mathews.  His perspectives, revelations and clarity, expressed so beautifully as his music, inspire me on every level to be a better person.  I shuffle the 100 or so songs that I have on my iphone and simply open and listen….. as I listen, I rise and expand at the same time – it’s as if I grow metaphorical wings in response to the deep wisdom arrived at through what I believe is an honest dedication to knowing The Truth – a journey that Dave, myself and you if you are reading this, all share.  As I expand I become more available to that which is seeking to emerge in my life…. My ultimate life….. that life which I came to live…. That life which is the full expression of the gift within me; that which is unique to me.  Just as there is something that is continuously calling me, there is something calling you.  This seed within us is constantly calling us deeper and inviting us to water it with our attention and intention.  You know when you are in touch with it because you feel free in your body, in your mind and in your soul.  I think that so many of us get caught up in “the how” of it all.  For example, part of the vision for my life includes a beautiful ranch outside of Aspen and an airplane that I own and fly…. If I were to examine the facts of my life as they are now and try to make a plan of how to get there I would stop pursuing this dream immediately because it would seem impossible.  This is the difference between those who “succeed” and those who don’t -  those who sense deep down that what we are called to be and do in this world is fully supported by the Universe and it is not up to us to figure out how it is going to occur.  The acorn has the full Divine idea of the oak tree within it and it does not doubt how it will become a Big, Giant, Beautiful Oak tree… it simply says yes and allows it’s growth to occur.   Don’t stop dreaming your dream or honoring your vision for the Universe has Infinite Power and It’s ways are mysterious, magical and definite, if we would but believe. I don’t worry about “the how” anymore(those are the thoughts for the people with small lives)…. I stick with “the what” and allow myself to become fully immersed in the feeling tones of my dreams…. knowing that the more time I spend basking in the consciousness of my dreams the more available I am to their unfoldment.
I sat with an old, dear friend over coffee, grilled cheeses and organic apples for about 3 hours today. We dove in and explored Divinity and Infinite possibility and it lifted my soul in a way that leaves me feeling the “real buzz” of life.  He inspires me like Dave does, like my sponsor does, like my best friend does, like those that I love so deeply, do.  I stick with those who dedicate themselves to Truth, to Love, to Creativity and to supporting one another.  Stick with those who believe in the good life….those who inspire you…. those digging deep into their soul for the journey of a lifetime or perhaps better said…. A lifetime worth the journey.  I am sober because I believe in the call within me like I believe that this seattle sky is grey today….. it’s Truth….. I can feel it…. I can always feel it when it’s Truth and so can you.  Follow your heart, your intuition and your passion and your triumphant bliss WILL be revealed.  Don’t listen to the conditioning of the world, let your inner fire be stoked by your attention and let your sobriety be worth every moment of commitment you have dedicated AND unleash your soul, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment