Sunday, December 11, 2011

Elegant Endings & Gratitude


Elegant endings are the ideal way to transition and yet with all of the layers of our humanity it is not always quite as graceful as one could hope for.  I would say that I am transitioning from one beautiful season of my life to the next today with some Grace but perhaps not as much as I would like.  I have discovered so much Love during my time here in Seattle and yet I have also discovered a few of my growing edges(character defects).  I get so fired up sometimes when I feel a boundary has been crossed and I find that isolate to my own detrement.  The truth is that I had a perfect sponsor and a lovely community, in fact I think both were as fine as I have found in all of my sobriety.  The facts are that I had my feathers ruffled and I found a familiar behavior of mine in the midst which is isolation from the group.  None of that matters here, for I am sober and eternally grateful to the woman that sponsored me and the beautiful home group that I have been blessed to be a part of for keeping the goal with me during my time here – sobriety!  I am also grateful to have been a part of what I consider one of the best yoga studios in the country (Be Luminous Yoga), a Baptiste yoga studio in Seattle offering the finest instructors and facilities for the total yoga experience, one which addresses the mind body and soul connection.  More Truth about me and my life have been revealed through the synergistic effect of both.  In reflecting back I am aware of an opportunity to grow – the word that here in my being is “soften.”  Soften when I feel the most rigid toward myself, another or a situation.  Use what I have been trained to do in my countless hours of yoga training – breathe into the space in my life that feels the most resistance or stale…. After all Ezekiel did it with a pile of bones.  Bones have life you know?  They have an entire vascular and nervous system…. I did not know how rich with life they are until my anatomy classes in college.  Are tere areas of your life that could be enriched by a greater awareness or understanding that there is actual a rich potential for greater life if you but looked a little deeper and recognized the life that is there? 

So, it is the gift of any ending to be able to reflect back and see the most positive aspects or highlights of a period of time and simultaneously and at the same time receive this beautiful gift of letting go of all the rest...  Those things that you somehow could not let go of in a moment are suddenly released and the Truth of a story is reflected in the highlighted points of time period memory.  This has been a fantastic time in my life, complete with fond and loving memories of time with my Mom and my sister, joy filled time with my best friend, Sober Thanksgiving rising and fading and Christmas popping up in Seattle.  Blessed by the love of Water’s Edge and a beautiful sponsor full of insight, intelligence and love, by wonderful sober women and the beginning of a new journey with the most fantastic company. 

Perhaps today doesn’t have to be an ending of sorts for you to soak up the gifts that are right in front of your very eyes.

In Deep Gratitude and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment