Friday, December 23, 2011

Evolving Into Contentment


As we grow and evolve our ability to get excited fades into a higher vibration of being present in the moment.  I was just talking with someone about the holidays and how we each feel about Christmas approaching.  She said that she is finally starting to get excited about Christmas but it’s more along the lines of “it will be nice to have dinner with my family.”  I get it, I am not excited and I am not un-excited.  I am grateful in advance that I will have the chance to be with a few of my friends.  I am grateful now for the beautiful lights that are strung up all over Aspen.  I am grateful for the quiet of the snow as it falls.  I am content, which is a feeling I love now.  In my sobriety and through my yoga practice I find great value in being content…. a feeling of fulfillment that stays.  There used to be such extreme highs and lows in my life.  I used to look forward to the next high and be completely dissatisfied with the lows.  So, perhaps the gift of this place in my evolution is an overall feeling of satisfaction and fulfillment. 

One major component of my well being is rest.  I was just looking over my blog from yesterday and recognizing how dis-jointed it was.  I feel deep gratitude for my growth for today I don’t beat myself up for it, feel embarrassed and take it down, wonder who read it and judged me or try to change it.   It’s my journey and it is all perfect just as yours is today.  This same person always says to me “give yourself the Grace.”  Now, I simply recognize that I was exhausted yesterday and it showed in my work.  One thing that I will note is that I was still doing my best.  I did my best to sleep the night before and it just didn’t work out that way. I did my best to show up for all of my commitments yesterday, even if I was a little tired.  I recognized it as an opportunity all day to be aware of my low energy and to be extra vigilant of what I was thinking, saying and doing.  Sleep is a huge part of the balance and integrity of my life.  We often refer to the acronym H.A.L.T which stands for hungry, angry, lonely and tired.  These components have the ability to affect almost any person.  The two that I relate to most are hungry and tired.  It’s as simple as being aware that if these things are occurring in your life that it is best to address these first and then take on whatever else is going on in life.  I love sobriety and yoga because they are a design and a tone for living.  There are actual tangible practices which take us to our meeting point with God and then there is this underlying power house of a force that moves us in positive and good direction…. this is God meeting and moving us from the inside out.  I love this journey.  I love that I accept myself and feel worthy of all that life has to offer.  I believe this is True for you too, no matter who you are or what your actions or life has been…. I believe you are made from the same essence of Love that I am.  Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment