Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Shifting Anticipation with Perspective


Yesterday I had someone ask me what my insights were while driving for two full days from Seattle to Aspen.  Most what I was experiencing was an expansiveness through the vast and exquisite landscapes of our country.  I was reminded also of how diverse life is and how many different “human suits” God puts on Itself to experience itself.  I also experienced Gratitude for the perfection of my life and being completely aware that I am living the life that Divinity designed perfectly for me and my soul’s evolution – including sobriety.  Sobriety really is a gift you know…. It is an evolution past any lifestyle which includes the ingestion of toxins, I don’t care if you are an alcoholic or not…. It is a life, perhaps undesired at first, of purity and clarity and community…. One of deep connection.  We got all of it seemingly through our struggles with substances – how blessed are we. 

I wake this morning at home in, what I consider to be, one of the most beautiful places in the world.  I have a little anticipation for going to this morning’s meeting for I haven’t always gotten this thing right and it’s taken me a while to get these last seven months of good, clean, quality sobriety – which still by the way, has not been perfect.  There is however a quality to my sobriety now that I have not experienced before and I just have to remember that it is none of my business what anyone thinks of me – good or bad.  I am simply here living and it is my right to be present for my healing and to focus my attention on those people who do support me, love me and, believe in my sobriety.

Today I am so grateful for the immense gifts and opportunities in my life.  My yolk is light and I am available for the awe inspiring work of Divinity to continue it’s beautiful ways in my life.  I invite you to make yourself available to your Divine Good too J  Love Out.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the inspiration that this post is. I am grateful for the reminder that I am perfect right where I am and right where I should be on this beautiful journey.

    Someone said to me today "...Past the fear is Heaven here on Earth" or something to that effect. Well this post is a great illustration of this. That walking through the tough stuff, the darkness, the not always getting it right, is heaven. That just because I may have a memory muscle for being a certain space before, doesn't mean this time around I can step across the fear into a whole new experience of the situation. And this is exactly what I am going to do right NOW. Step over this fear and claim a new experience in this seemingly familiar place. This, to me, is being in the flow of God's will.

    ReplyDelete