Thursday, December 8, 2011

We're Goin' to the Symphony When God's Drivin'


The gifts of sobriety (often referred to as the 9th step promises) are pouring forth and things are happening so fast in my life right now that I am becoming aware of a need to stay as grounded and rooted as possible.  That red bicycle that I saw cruising down the road has arrived and a dream of mine is coming true…. I am moving home to Aspen with my company that I absolutely love working for.  It’s amazing to me to watch how all of the dots of my life connect to make a beautiful path to this moment now.  I do a process called visioning, developed by Rev. Dr. Michael Beckwith, whereby you are activating your intuition and learning to become more aware of “God’s Will” for your life.  We spend a lot of time in meetings talking about God’s Will for us and how do we know what God’s will is.  It is often shared and I agree that God’s will has a feeling tone of ease, grace, joy and freedom.  Taking our own will back often feels constricting, limiting, difficult…. Like we are trying to muscle something and the central energetic focus is in the mind.  God’s will moves from the power center in our bodies, which is our heart.  But this process itself is a wonderful way of courting the presence and asking God directly, what is the Divine idea of my life?  I believe this is the perfect practice for seeking to know God’s will for my life.  On a side note, what I have found about God’s will for me is that I am not giving up anything that I want to live God’s will, it is always way more than what I could have imagined for myself, so those of you who believe in a vengeful and limited God, a guy in the sky who is saying yes to some and no to others – this is a practice where you can develop your relationship with and, understanding of a God who’s essence is Love, Intelligence and Creativity.  Anyway, during my visioning sessions throughout the fall I kept hearing my intuitive voice tell me to “continue doing yoga.”  Mind you, this was in the midst of visioning for my professional life, my life purpose and the development of a beautiful spiritual center in Aspen.  Little did I know that yoga would play such a big part in bringing me home to work in a job which is truly the Joy Of Being that I have been praying for but also makes me available to the un-foldment of my BIG dream which is to be a profound player in creating a powerful and inspired community of Love at home.  Well, the red bike is the perfect job at home with a great company that I fully intend to grow with that supports me as much as I support them, to be at home available for the next stage of my career as a spiritual life coach/community leader/ minister.  It is all the synergistic flow of God and my dedication to following the guidance when I was clear enough to receive and it and my willingness to give the reigns over to God when nothing looked like it could possibly have any order to it and dedicating myself to the faith that God is at the center and the circumference of this, paid off in the fact that the company I am working for up here that I was in the midst of writing a proposal to open a store in Aspen, is opening a store in Aspen and I am proudly on the opening team.  These are the ways of a God that is so Good!  These are the ways of a deeper life when I don’t make judgments and action choices based on what I am seeing on the outside realm.  Life is an inside art that unfolds into the world of form so I do all of my work inside my soul/consciousness.  I am in awe of the movement of life through the avenues of sobriety and yoga – I can’t wait to find more ways to give this joy away today.

No comments:

Post a Comment