Thursday, February 23, 2012

"All You Have to Change Is Everything"


Three meetings and some time with my sponsor were just what the Doctor ordered and without a glitch, the application of these tools of the program, leave me feeling peaceful and grateful for my sobriety, once again.  I was driving with one of my best friends to work yesterday and we were discussing the vibration of alcohol.  You see, she and I are on separate but parallel spiritual paths.  Over the years we have grown individually and together in such a way that has deepened our relationship tremendously and somewhat surprisingly our friendship is one of those that I had not expected to stand the test of time.  Ultimately though I am on the journey with those who are conscious about their evolution and growth and intentional about their own development and growth.  We may not see eye to eye on every detail but that is the beauty of one who is truly grounded in their faith – the game of right and wrong is eliminated.    We can respectfully accept one another on a deep level.  I love my friend and I am still grateful for the conversation and perspective that ensued.

Anyhow, she was saying that since she began her spiritual work, drinking just isn’t the same.  It doesn’t “feel good” in the way it used to.  She is not an alcoholic and I was so grateful to hear her say this because it dispelled the lie that my disease had begun to spin again about the romantic fun that alcohol provides.  IN my own contemplation and revelations I surmise that there was a point when alcohol had a higher vibration than the average vibration of an individual or society as a whole.  However, as more and more of us are waking up and therefore existing at a higher vibratory level, alcohol is now a lower vibration than that which we live.  This then is the reason that it doesn’t feel quite like the elevating experience that it used to.  With the current paradigm shift that is occurring, we are attracted to and attracting a whole different set of experiences to match the new vibration of our souls.  Those things that used to work for us, no longer serve us and can feel quite dark and pretty confusing to the “old self” that used to participate joyfully in certain low level activities.  I think that’s why it is said in the program that “all you have to change is everything.” 

What is elevating in my life right now is EVERYTHING.  I am so tapped into the vision for my life, to my dreams, to gratitude and love and freedom.  I am so tapped into the source, the bedrock at the center of my soul.  I am sober to be tapped in, to be connected, to be the source within me unleashed in it’s fullness.  I feel this happening in every area of my life so it is no wonder that my disease is kicking up a fit right now as everything gets so good.   Would I really want to throw all of that away for a measly glass of wine? NO! I am going to keep using the tools in my toolbox and keep showing up for my sense and now my experience is proving that this is the life I cam to live.  I love sobriety with my resistance and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment