Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Dance of Vulnerability is The Dance of Intimacy


I had the most beautiful dream of collecting my brother’s things…. his baseball hats, pictures and other things.  This brother was named Wilder and he passed doing what he loved over 25 years ago.  I still remember how much I loved him – he was 11 and I was 5 when he transitioned, while skiing.  In this dream he had a blog…. I know – silly right because in 1986 a blog wasn’t even a glimmer in some genius’s eye and although I questioned this in the dream there was some answer than anyone with a computer could write a blog.  I don’t know what it all means, but I do know that it is the inspiration for me here this morning.  Life becomes increasingly clear through sobriety, yoga and spirituality – the past, present and the future.  I find myself walking through periods of my life that I must have stored deep down inside of me or simply didn’t have the presence or capacity to experience in the muddied waters of an unclear consciousness.  I am grateful for the presence to experience these types of things.  I feel connected to my brother this morning, I feel connected to my desire to be creative through my writing, I feel connected to my clarity about my life.  I feel connected which by itself is a good feeling.  The fullness of life is unleashed in clarity.  So, as memories are released into our life for our review, allow them, my sense is that they are there for a reason.  I have a friend on this journey who lost her brother in a car accident just a few years ago and sometimes it is as if she is feeling it for the first time.  No matter what we used to stuff the experience of difficult feelings or how long it’s been if, you are feeling something, it is real and valid – feel it and share it.  Share the ups and the downs and the all arounds.  Sharing is vital part of our healing.  Listen more than you share but always share and if you never share than shoot to share more than you listen.  There is a fine opportunity for healing in the balance of sharing and listening.  This very dance is the dance of intimacy and intimacy is one of the most precious gifts in the world.  Dare to be vulnerable and you dare to find a strength that surpasses any you have felt by standing alone.  In gratitude for the message and inspiration from my brother, Wilder.  Much Love on your journey today!

No comments:

Post a Comment