Monday, February 13, 2012

Freedom is Saying Yes


Aboard a flight to LAX I am reminded, once again, to trust the process.  I know that there is something emerging out of my delayed flight which puts me in Los Angeles just around the time that the third and final service begins at my favorite Spiritual Community on the planet and one of the major reasons I am traveling to LA today.   There is something in the midst of this and, through reminding myself that this is exactly what is occurring I feel a deeper alignment happening with The Whole Shibang, The Divine Idea, The Great Universal.  I have been excercising my “trust the process” muscle, a lot lately which sets me up in a prime position for this day and these moments.  It is evident in moments like these because tears do not fill my eyes in resistance to “life on life’s terms,” that I have grown so much in my sobriety and my overall spirituality.  A good friend and a very evolved person once told me that freedom is saying yes to EVERYTHING.  Take your mind out of the ego gutter for just a moment and go with me on this.  The yes, is to God, it is based on the understanding that my life, my challenges, the people, the places, the delays, the fast-track moments, the flow, the ebb, it is all tailored specifically for me and my growth and therefore the “yes” factor is a simple “yes, I understand that this too is God and this too is my tailored life.”  So, “yes, as badly as I want to be at Agape 4 hours ago when everyone else was arriving for first service and to be there for all three services of one of my all-time favorite musicians paired with the greatest spiritual leader on the planet, I accept that I may be at third service a little late today and that, this too, is a part  of my tailored plan.”  Beyond the yes, I am asking with the witness of your eyes on this paper…. “God, what is it that is seeking to emerge through me in this situation?”  I know there is something greater emerging and without a real need to know exactly what that is, I am a little curious and would love to participate more fully in the Divine Idea of my life.  For now, I am just consciously saying yes and as a result I feel immediate relief from resistance, ahhh it feels good to say yes to the flow that is already flowin’ and is going to flow, with or without me.  It feels good to know that I am training my “trust the process” muscle more and to feel the relative ease that is birthed as a result.  We are at choice in each and every moment.  Explore with me, the choice to say Yes, God there you are again.  I trust you.  I trust my life to your Infinitely loving care.  “All is well, and indeed, unfolding as it should!”

No comments:

Post a Comment