Thursday, March 1, 2012

How Rigorous is my Honesty


I did some really tough work on my fourth step this week and last night I shared it “all” with my sponsor.  She was so open and non-judgmental about what I had feared sharing which made the process as shameless as possible.  I know now that it is absolutely vital that I completely clear everything in my consciousness and lay it all on the table in order that not only I stay sober, but that I am the most available to God’s idea of my life as a wisdom teacher, as a healer, as a student and as a yogi.  As challenging as it can be to really get down to the nitty gritty and admit our growing edges, it is the crux of the program.  It is the place where most people hold back.  It is the reason our hips are so tight in yoga and why pigeon pose can bring up so much emotion.  We often store those things that we would like to keep in our closet forever, in our hips.  Over the past two years I have developed a relationship with my sponsor to the point where last night I was courageous enough and trusted her enough to bring these skeletons out of my closet.  One of my growing edges is rigorous honesty.  I have considered myself a pretty honest person since the age of 17 when I promised myself from the depths of my soul to always be honest but somewhere along the way my fear of financial insecurity and my spiritual pride got in the way and my agreement with myself to be overtly honesty developed some very sneaky loopholes.  There is something so powerful about sharing this…. I can feel an opening in my heart and a deepening in my soul.  My sponsor reflected through her love and non-judgment how God sees me and through her eyes I begin a deeper practice of self-love and self-forgiveness.  I hope that my experience inspires you to share that much more honestly with someone you trust about those things that you thought you would never share.  The deeper you dig and he more honest you become the more Light is revealed through you, at least this is what I have found.  Blessings of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment