Thursday, March 15, 2012

Take Your Power Back By Forgiving

“Immediately people do stop hurting our feelings and sink into flatness when we take to ourselves the power we gave to hurt us.  Immediately ignorance lets go and genius of a new order is ours when we take back the harming power we gave to ignorance.” – Emma Curtis Hopkis, High Mysticism P. 300

As I work on the fourth step I am guided in the ways of clearing resentments which are basically little “power giver away’ers.”  When I resent somebody or something I am essentially giving my power away.  The business of the fourth step and of forgiveness is about becoming un-entangled in the lines of resentments to other individuals.  It is often said that forgiveness is not about “letting another off the hook.”  Rather it is letting ourselves off the hook.  Spirituality for me is about what I am turned toward, what I am identified with.  What I mean by this is, am I turned downward toward a resentment, toward a “right and wrong” game, toward jealousy, toward what is fair, toward comparison OR am I turned toward God, recognizing that there is only ONE power and ONE presence that knows nothing of being “fair” or “right” or “righteous” but only that we are ALL it’s expression and that It is so DYNAMIC that it is tailoring the perfect experience for each of us and our good ALL at the exact same time.  Am I turned toward the same Intelligence that knows to beat my heart twelve times per minute without me having a single thought about it.  Am I turned toward that which has loved me so deeply and so unconditionally through so many people in my life.   Releasing those who I feel in conflict by asking what Michael Beckwith often referes to as the “right questions.”  What is seeking to emerge through me in this situation.  It may be as simple as forgiveness.  It may be strength or empowerment or light…. But the answer always has something to do with a greater you.  Each and every spiritual program that I know has a huge foundational component to do with identifying and forgiving our resentments.  This is because it is absolutely crucial to the full evolution, development and unleashing of our soul.  I am grateful to be spending so much time on my fourth step and to have the Universe not so co-incidentally informing me of the principles and practices surrounding forgiveness.  The one mentioned by Emma Curtis Hopkins is one of simply claiming and stating that “this person does not have the power to offend or hurt me, this resentment is forgiven and I am growing in the ways that God would have me grow.  Thank you teacher for the opportunity to be more of who I truly am.  I am strength as a result, I am insight as a result, I am power as a result….. I Am and you are free to go on your merry way and be more of who you are too.  There is such power in forgiveness.  Light and Love on your journey today.

No comments:

Post a Comment