Monday, April 30, 2012

Please Excuse Me, I was getting Blissed Out


Please excuse me for taking a small break from writing my blog for the past several days.  The truth is that I have been busy healing, getting blissed out and filling up through a series of spiritual gatherings that have expanded me, my sobriety and my life in such sweet and beautiful ways.  My week started off in Palm Desert where I gathered with my core group of people who I got sober with to celebrate the life of a dear friend whom we lost to the disease.  As we sat by the crackling fire under the starry night sky in Joshua Tree, CA and remembered James’s life, we deepened our lives together.  Our sobriety and soul’s grew equally that night.  Just as James would have done it we invited all people who knew him and gathered guerilla style with an outline of events planned but little to no attachment to any of it.  It was just as perfect as it always was when he facilitated gatherings.  It was vital to do some forgiveness work, some celebration and some closure for all of us who have a deep love and fondness for our friend James.  After a couple of days of contemplation, meditation, community and fantastic meetings in the Desert I cruised over to a giant spiritual conference in Los Angeles and was blown into the next metaphysical realm of enlightenment via the wisdom of world renowned speakers such as Jean Houston, Brother Teteh Ishmael, Iyanla Vanzant, Dr Will Coleman and of course, Michael and Ricki Byers Beckwith.  The vibration of Love, Inspiration and true spiritual power that I am ignited by is a gift that I could barely begin to describe my gratitude for.  Once again, this is why I am sober, to continue to wake up and to feel what I felt over the past week…. the best part of all of the high’s of drugs put together times 10 was the natural humm and buzz of Spirit through my veins, my cells, my mind, my body… my entire being, this week.  And now I get it… what I was going for in the drugs was just a mix of chemicals that are already in my body, being activated.  Now and only now after some dedication to my sobriety am I feeling those chemicals being activated in a natural and sustainable way.  Today I FEEL my happy, whole and complete… a realization…. A demonstration of the times when I stuck to knowing these things of myself and others even when I couldn’t FEEL it.  Now, feeling it…. This is icing on the cake.  May this vibration of love lift you to the next cosmic level of your being today.

No comments:

Post a Comment