Saturday, May 12, 2012

Celebrate Sustainable Thriving Life


My mental bodies and my physical body are opening in the wake of my discipline and it is the dawn of a new day.  It is in perfect alignment with the gorgeous morning sunshine resting on the brick buildings of old town Ballard, one of my favorite neighborhoods in Seattle.  Seattle’s famous coffee is brewing and the gentle hum of a Saturday morning has begun.  There is rich spiritual community here in Seattle and for the next few weeks I am diving deep into this ocean of rich spirituality and like a sponge I am soaking up as much as I possibly can before I head home.  I feel myself in alignment with my intention to fill up and spill over with goodness into the world.  It seemed doubtful to my surface mind during the first few days that I was here that this could hardly be what was occurring but I reminded myself of the dark night that often comes before the greatest dawn and today…yet another great dawn of my existence…  the greatest?  I would hardly call it that because I know that my soul is infinite and saying things like the greatest or the best is a meak attempt by my ego to limit me from the next greatest dynamic experience of richness that my journey has to offer.  4 honest days away from my one year sobriety birthday and I feel my disease trying to kick me off the track.  One year has some type of milestone for me for sure….last time it was the milestone which for me meant that I was good to drink again… hahahaha…I hear my angels laughing because everyone but me knew this was some type of new heights that my insanity had taken me.  So, when my sponsor asked me how I was feeling about approaching a year… I replied “not nearly excited without the plan to drink.”  I guess this is bitter sweet because for an alcoholic who’s disease loves to CELEBRATE, celebrating a year still feels a little dull compared to the party with champagne and viognier followed by some cold micro brews and topped off with some whiskey(you know the party that the disease in me would like to celebrate with) but hey, my life is sustainable and thriving and that my friends is the pure gift of this program.  The truth is, I LOVE my Life and the shifts for good that have and continue to occur within me are undeniable MIRACLE after MIRACLE kind of living.  I certainly know that the party might be fun but as Rita says “my only failure would be to trade what I want the most for what I want in a moment.”  Pray with me that our collective and individual obsession(masked as a sweet desire) to use whatever, be completely lifted.  I love you so much I choose your sobriety and mine, today!

No comments:

Post a Comment