Sunday, May 20, 2012

Grateful for My Friends


Another beautiful Sunday jam packed with Spiritual Beauty.  During the week I have been cracked open to the experience of Love from close friends… a group of individuals that I began my journey with a number of years ago.  Over the years we have witnessed each other’s growth through the pain, the joy, the girlfriends and boyfriends, death of loved ones, celebrating triumphs and supporting each other through losses.  All in all, this group of people are very special to me and I am steeped in Gratitude for their love.  Although I will be leaving them here in Seattle in a few weeks I am glad that a new stage of my ripening has occurred and I have realized from a deeper place how blessed I am to have a group of people like these.  I realize how important it is to consciously choose my friends.  To choose people who are interested in Love and Dreams and in having high thought conversations.   To chose people who hold me to my best when I am playing small and remind me of who I am when I am genuinely beat down by the hurly burly of the world.  A friend said to me the other night after a bliss filled evening of purpose and passion filled conversation… “don’t be a stranger, Ash.”   I’ve heard it so many times before and I know my propensity to get lost in the adventure and be bouncing from group to group.  But now, it is my time to serve the place of stability and accountability in my friendships.  I need my tribe… my family in order to both survive and thrive.  I have a joyful responsibility to participate in their dreams unfolding too.  I am sober to be in powerful and profound relationship with great people and those that I am connected to through my blood lines.  I am sober to remain consistently powerful and peaceful in these relationships but mostly so that I am free to actively and dynamically participate in relationships and life!!  I lean into the love of my friends today and allow my human self to be as imperfect as it needs to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment