Thursday, May 3, 2012

I Empty Myself Before Spirit


I was meeting with my mentor on Monday and exploring with him the idea of preparing to “give a talk” as it appears that I will be facilitating Sunday services as soon as a few months from now.  I have been exploring this idea of “emptying myself before God” and allowing Life or God to use me as It’s vessel.  My intention is to be consistently and constantly turning my life over to the Universal Life essence for the good of all.  That may seem like a bold statement….my life, for the good of others?  Well, the truth is, that’s all I can really ever think about anymore…being of service to others under the deep remembrance and realization that we are not islands separate from the human life.  Our lives are always, whether I like it or not, having an impact on those around us.  So it’s up to me to be positive and intentional about what I am “bringin’.”  I was reminded that I can be selfish recently and it triggered a curiosity and a desire to know this selfishness, to confront this selfishness and to release it because, let’s face it,  “being selfish” is not exactly in alignment with my goal to be selfless and to live a life of service.  Without delving too much into this idea…. I will just mention that unless I am first aquainted intimately with myself and the God within, which does require a level of self-focus, attention and discipline then I am not able to serve the world with the fullness of the gifts within me that is my potential.  But that’s not what she meant, I don’t think and I somehow sense that “emptying myself before God” has to do with identifying(as we do in step 6) and asking or intending that these growing edges(character defects) be removed(step 7.)  Through these and other tools such as breath work I am cultivating an emptiness before God.  I intend to be willing and sometimes just willing to be willing to release the safety of thinking I know anything at all that I may become available to the full influx of Spirit in, through and as me.  Today I intend to know more about what it means to empty myself, humbly, before God…. and by the way God, I intend to know this with ease and Grace J

No comments:

Post a Comment