Friday, May 4, 2012

We Are All Connected, I Surrender Myself to The One


With three conscious breathes I open myself to the language of the heart, the message coming from my heart for this page.  I was reminded recently at a conference of the healing and uniting power of the breath.  Instead of a pill or a person or some other "outside in" solution that is unsustainable why don’t I simply return to my breath.  At any moment I have the choice to re-member with and In the One through the breath.  Through the breath I consciously and intentionally open spaces in my energetic and physical bodies allowing them to be flooded with Universal Light energy.  So, with three conscious breaths I return home, to my heart, to the heart of the One and with complete trust… I ask my higher self…. What would you like to share here today, via this forum?  I empty myself of anything that came before this moment and anything that is to come after this moment and become fully present in this moment now.  What, my higher self, would you like to share here today on sobriety, yoga, recovery, any journey which reveals the True self(the wholly One) and the dissipation of the false imagery of walls of separation that the ego has built to keep me falsely identified with separation?  You see, today was the second meeting in a row where the chair person began the meeting by holding up their phone and declaring the hundreds of numbers of brothers and sisters in AA that could call and that each day when they wake they are excited to connect with several people from the rooms.  When I hear something almost verbatim two days in a row my attention is commanded and I begin to, with a soft curiosity, get into a relationship with the concept that is being introduced to me by the Universe.  I have excuses up the wazoo of how I am different and it’s ok for me to ride the outskirts of the group…. “I travel a lot,” “I have other forms of spirituality” “I have other spiritual communities” etc etc but the bottom line is that I am a garden variety alcoholic and if I don’t start treating the growing edges(character defects) with a strong dose of honesty and willingness than I will remain, less than well.  The three major growing edges that I have identified that keep me in the hell of feeling separate from others are(gulp) grandiosity, selfishness and (double gulp) dishonesty.  So taking another deep cleansing breath, I remember that this are factual discoveries about my personalities human condition AND that my Spiritual Nature, just like every single other person, is absolutely flawless and my eternal life is never less than whole.  However the whole point of this thing is that my human vessel be as clear as possible for the fullness of my Divine expression.  So, through admitting these here, with my sponsor and in the repitition of step 7 and 10 I am bringing out the window washers of my consciousness and the quality of the washers that I hire is a direct correlation of how open and honest I am willing to be.  In this case, I will swallow my pride with my willingness to be the best version of me possible today.  Much Love and an arm around you in the fellowship of connection.


No comments:

Post a Comment