Wednesday, June 13, 2012

By Way of 6 & 7 the Ego Becomes, Rightfully, the Servant of My Divine Purpose


“ The Universal Mind contains all knowledge.  It is the potential ultimate of all things.  To It, all things are possible…Should all the wisdom of the Universe be poured over us, we should receive only that which we are ready to understand.  This is why some draw one type of knowledge and some another, and all from the same source – the Source of all knowledge.  The scientist discovers the principles of his science, the artist embodies the spirit of his art, the Saint draws Christ into his being – all because they have courted the particular presence of some definite concept.” Ernest Holmes

Oh, a sweet softening in my experience of life this morning.  A softening in my life, as a result of the strengthening and up-leveling my program.  I skipped a yoga seminar last night due to a strong internal nudge that I needed a meeting and yet as the hours grew closer to 8pm when the meeting was to start, my disease had almost convinced me that it would be better to stay home and watch a movie or tv or do some other non-live giving activity.  This, mind you is the justification of the alcoholic/egoic mind within me whose goal is to keep me small in life.  I am learning now that the point is not to rid myself of the ego completely for it is the very frame of my soul. One of the greatest ways for the sure fire success of my ego’s drive would be for me to drink again.   My goal now is to have my ego be the servant of my soul and not the other way around; To have my ego be a beautiful kaleidescope through which the Spirit of life pours itself into the world. The voice of the program is finally getting loud enough for me to hear it in the midst of a downward spiral and last night I heard the collective voice of AA say “the most important meeting to go to is the one you don’t want to go to,” and this time, thankfully, I had the willingness to follow.   As I settled nervously (mind you… the alcoholic in me being the anxiety for it was about to be put to sleep once again) into my seat it became eminently clear that God was once again, tailoring my life and the messages exactly to my needs….not always my wants….but always my needs.  You see, I am in the midst of working steps 6 & 7 right now and of course, guess what the meeting topic was?  Step 6 & 7!   Step 6 & 7 for me are about clearing “the stuff”; the beliefs and defenses which no longer serve me. These are the dark spots in the kaleidescope of my life’s unique expression in the world. My kaleidescope is my ego, my personality, my body of affairs.  Through the process of step 6: Becoming willing to have God remove every defect of character which stands in the way of my usefulness to God and my fellows and step 7: humbly asking God to remove these defects of character are the way in which my ego can come into right relationship with my Soul.  In this way the I Am Presence, the God Within Me gains the reigns and the ego becomes rightfully, the servant of my Divine Purpose.  Thank God for this because I am ready for the One Source to unleash itself as my life in the ways that I have courted It’s presence for so long.  For me, these steps are about getting the smallness out of the way for the fulfillment of life through me.  When I takes steps 6 & 7 I am creating space for a deeper understanding of the Universe for I become more available and receptive and therefore develop a deeper and more authentic understanding of God as I am not busy clinging to my defenses with the drive to protect myself.  I live in a safe and loving world today and I trust that implicitly thanks to the clearing of some of my defenses through these steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment