Sunday, June 3, 2012

Centered In the Midst




“If you aren’t centered your consciousness follows whatever catches its attention.” -  Michael A. Singer The Untethered Soul

Letting go in the moment is so much easier than unwinding the pain train that was exalted in a moment where we chose the fear over letting go and remaining in our seat of centered consciousness.  Remaining in our seats of centered consciousness relies upon an awareness that there is something observing our thoughts, emotions and feelings.  Once aware of this higher self within oneself we can begin to “witness” those energetic bodies that are moving through us.  While drinking or using we are at the mercy of the drug and when we first get sober our survival instincts run the show…. When is our next meal?  How long before this meeting is over so that I can have the temporary relief of a cigarette?  When do I get to go to sleep?  Slowly, slowly as we come out of the haze we ride the pink cloud for a while and soak all of the love of the fellowship and the strength and wisdom of our sponsors.  But then there comes the time when through the 4th,5th,8th and 9th steps we begin to dredge up the stuff that’s been living dormant at the base of our being, weighing us down.  We have spent so long pretending that this stuff doesn’t belong to us or simply hiding from the world.  We think to ourselves, “if anyone gets to close they will know that I did these shameful things and think I am a bad person.”  But the truly dedicated seeker goes through a very messy time in their journey.  For some this can last years and others just a few months – it really depends on how much and how deeply we have stored this stuff.  It also depends on how honestly and willingly we work on ourselves through spiritual principle.  This stage of our evolution can feel very dark and confusing and yet it is absolutely a necessary part of our journey, a right of passage through to the higher realms of being.  So don’t be afraid to get messy, anyone who is truly evolved in consciousness has walked through their dark nights.  When this stuff starts to come up and out, it is as important as ever to find the seat of centered consciousness within yourself and stay in it… stay identified with it.  Tell yourself over and over in the moments that challenge you that make you want to jump on the exhausting pain train of whirlwind emotion, “I am not my thoughts, I let go, I am not my thoughts, I let go, I am not my thoughts, I am not this pain, I let go.  This too shall pass, I remain centered in the seat of my soul and allow the flood of emotion to move through my open heart.”  Start to practice this and you’ll start to feel empowered and free like never before. Love Out!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you sometimes it is wild how I read one of your posts and I feel like a dose of what you wrote inspires me "Love out"! I also feel that way about my buddy Bob on esoberbuddy.com! I hope you got to check him out-:-D! Keep on writing lady, you are quite appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete