Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Just On the Other Side of Fear Is Infinity


Writing this blog is one of the ways that I stay sober – so thank you for reading.  As I settle back into this beautiful place I call home, I also settle back into my sobriety.  I have been a gypsy soul for as long as I can remember and now I finally feel myself putting my running shoes into my closet.  What comes with “settling in” is sort of a requirement from the Universe to face fears and emotions that get lost in the dust of the constant running that I am so accustomed to.  My feelings states range from Bliss to Fear and Stagnation… and you know what, I’m learning that this is ok.  I think I used to reject or resist any feeling that did not fall under the category of “good” because, in my egoic mind, it somehow made me less spiritual to feel less than happy 100%J of the time.  What a load of sh** - how can I possibly feel joy without feeling pain?  Can I simply be with my pain in the knowing that it is the server of my joy? I realized the other day a new compassion and respect in my soul for others on the journey who are experiencing fear.  Now, I clearly so those on a dedicated spiritual path in their pain and know that it does not mean that they are not applying the Principles correctly or are not up to their spiritual practice in the ways that they should be.  Now, I realize that it is probably exactly the opposite of what I had surmised…. those feeling their fear are on the courageous journey of spiritual evolution and development – on the same path of evolution and enlightenment that I am on.  So, I face my fear head on and share openly and honestly about it, not running from it and not covering it up, knowing that I am not identified by this fear but rather it is that which I am releasing from clouding my true identity which lies right beneath it.  In actuality, by sharing my fears with others, I am releasing my identification with it.  The only true dissipation of unwanted fear is through me an out into the world.  What I am also finding is a real experience of the layers upon layers of my being.  I am finding that as I peel back one layer of conditioning (those beliefs that a mass group of people holds, that I came to adopt about the world), I find an authentic strand of life within me.   I find a belief or an opportunity to plant a belief which serves my life purpose…something I truly believe about life.  Sometimes, as soon as I ground myself in truth I find that there is another layer of conditioning to peel back and the process continues.  Sometimes it feels tedious but the general expansion of my consciousness that occurs after each of these cycles is the value in life that I always seek.  In yoga, I often hear a teacher say to “breathe into the space that you feel the tightness” and without questioning it I find myself breathing life into the tightness and creating space for a new belief and therefore experience of my body to emerge.  In the space of this expansiveness in my body I find new life revealing itself to me.  The cycle and the avenues are there for our mind, body and spirit.  Upon the foundation of sobriety I have the chance to create space and experience never-ending waves of awe as Life’s vitality washes over me.  Just on the other side of fear is a new and brilliant experience of infinity.  Face every fear with the intention of walking through it.  Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment