Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Yoga, Meditation, the Steps Converge for Life to Emerge



“Good judgment, a careful sense of timing, courage and, prudence – these are the qualities we shall need when we take step 9.” – Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions
Ahh, how I missed the sweet spaciousness of one of my favorite Spiritual Practices in the world – yoga.  It’s been a few weeks since I have practiced and yesterday I promised myself I would go.  Despite all of my ego’s efforts to procrastinate and leave this practice for another day, I showed up.  I am so grateful that my higher self One and yesterday I got to remember what it feels like to be in my body again.  At one point I was cradling my entire leg in my arm and rocking it like a baby (ok – so it wasn’t just me – it was the entire class ) I found myself giggling out loud in class at the sweetness of this posture.  It dawned on me that I was using strength in one area of my body to improve the flexibility in another – how beautiful.  Ok – so admittedly I am feeling naturally high this morning after my morning meditation.

Meditation is that time where I focus on turning my attention so far inward that it is higher than my thoughts, feelings and emotions.  Meditation is consciously turning toward that changeless, untouchable stuff within me and beginning by having a conversation with that.  Eventually that conversation becomes a Union and I begin to operate from that place – the High Self and Boy am I a Divine Center of Power and Vision when I operate from a total Union and Connection with Source.  I love meditation and I love feeling the natural high that I looked for in drugs and alcohol for so long.

On another note – I took the first steps of my 9th step – “made amends to those people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or other.”  Per my sponsor and God’s mysterious ways – I am starting with my doozies.  Well I emailed both of these people yesterday simply stating that I am at the place in my sobriety where it is time to make an amends.  Ok – the amends hasn’t even come yet but HOLY SMOKES does it feel good to have taken an honest step here.  I already feel a momentum building and get a funny feeling that I have a new fervor for making these amends and feeling the freedom that I sense is born from this process.   Yay – this morning I am especially diggin’ sobriety, yoga and life.  I hope you are too!

1 comment:

  1. With a little patience you can learn a technique that can be helpful even if you are a beginner. This technique will help you concentrate on the part of your body you wish to be in tune with. At first it might be difficult because you were never taught to concentrate on yourself. But eventually with practice you will be able to succeed at meditating for your health.

    ReplyDelete