Sunday, September 16, 2012

Recognize Your Rights of Passage and Say Yes.



The biggest shift in my life and sobriety to date has arrived.  I’ll set up what I am about to say by saying that I have a major propensity to RUN!  Most of the time my running is geographic but not always – I have noticed the powerful instinct to run in almost every way. Now, as currently face situation after situation which triggers my run response, I finally find myself diving right into the pain, right into the fear, facing it head-on and what I have found is the most the amazing thing – when you dive into it – you dive through it – it doesn’t last forever and what’s on the other side is an experience of Truth – of me and of life that is an indescribable blessing.  I believe( a word that is stronger than to know) that God is tailoring a series of “rights of passage” for me.  How grateful I am to be not only honored with these “rights of passages” but to be in a place spiritually to re-cognize them as such with my entire heart, mind and being.  From this place of trusting that there are no mistakes in God, I settle into the knowing that no matter how much my heart hurts in moments, that this too not only shall pass but it is for me!  In the last three days I crossed a personal threshold that I did not even know existed – a genuine breakthrough within my consciousness – a complete transcendence of a limitation, which I now see has been limiting me my whole life.  I trust myself and more importantly, I trust God in all of Its workings.  Letting Go has a whole new meaning and embracing the mystery is all that I have got – and it’s everything that I have ever wanted.  Slowly, slowly in my sobriety, I am learning to let go of all of it and be here now, nurturing and caring for myself in a way that is sweet and powerfully loving.  I am genuinely excited and grateful for life.  This is my dominant experience and yet there are gut-wrenching, heart-expanding moments each day where I am called a little bit deeper and each time I dive into the fear and nurture myself, I find myself rising into a greater trust in God.  The Good that I am seeking is within me, the Source of that Good is my God, Life evolves Forward, there is nothing from the past that belongs to this moment now that is not here.  Life in Its fullness is dynamically and powerfully for me.  There is nothing I could have ever done to separate myself from an experience of Good that belongs to me.  I am refreshed in this knowing.  I accept my “rights of passage” with a big YES, God!  And So It Is.

No comments:

Post a Comment