Monday, June 29, 2020

Spiritual Sustenance

“Good morning my Lord”

This is the way that my morning pages have begun for many years.  Being gay and therefore never willing to consider myself deeply religious in the traditional sense of the word, the word Lord is charged for me.  So, why do I start my writing with it each day… well, after a little research into the roots and origins of the word I realize that my intuition knows the way.  The Greek translation of Lord is the bread keeper.  We often think of bread as the food that we need but a broader translation of bread as it is used in the Lord’s Prayer is Spiritual Sustenance.  Of course, it makes perfect sense that as I sit down each morning to turn my attention to God, I am turning toward the Source of Spirituality which is God, the keeper of my spiritual sustenance.  So, whatever it is that you call the Source of your spiritual sustenance, just call it.  Don’t let the ways that people have made efforts to control people through a claim on God, take you away from your right to connect deeply, powerfully, and directly to a God of your understanding.  He, She, It is personal to you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment