Friday, September 7, 2012

Change Is Possible If You Change It Within




Today I wake feeling empowered, alive and filled with hope.  I used to shy away from the word “hope” as it somehow implied to this New Thought persons mind, that my good was outside myself.  Nope, I feel that hope right there deep down inside of me and it is rising to the surface of my being and it feels good.  A couple of my spiritual mentors have so lovingly pointed out to me lately that perhaps in an area or two of my life, I am still seeking my good outside of myself.  This was the case with drugs and alcohol and now after almost 17 months of sobriety I am discovering this to be true in other areas of my life.  I have come to understand that we are endogenous beings – meaning our life unfolds from within us outward and not vice versa so as I explore my desires for life and begin to look at them with an eye of “is this something outside of me that I am seeking” I begin to have a deeper clarity and freedom than I am used to in certain areas of my life.  SO today I am going to share my practice with you.  My practice is an affirmation that I repeat 15X a day and it is this.  There is no lack of Spiritual Integrity in Universal Good, therefore there is no lack of Spiritual Integrity in me, My Good is %100 alignment and expression in and of Spiritual Integrity.  Any Good that I am seeking is within me.  I stop reaching for that which is outside of me and turn my attention and intention inward to the Source of All Life.  Happy Trails in your sobriety today.  If today is a dark one, grab a mentor, a friend and share your pain openly and honestly.  Tomorrow is a new day and chances are you will wake feeling completely different than today.  This too shall pass.  Many Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for your post. I can identify with you completely. I know what it is like to seek pleasure/validation outside of myself. I am learning to live in the moment and be content with myself as I am. I got help from a place called New Life House. Check out their site if you are looking for help. They are a great resource. New Life House - A Structured Sober Living

    ReplyDelete