Sunday, May 5, 2013

I Am Committed To Changing Within


Sometimes I dig this journey of sobriety more than others just like the fact that sometimes I dig coming to my mat more than others.  This is the journey of awakening.  This is a journey for the dedicated, the committed, the fierce.  Those, not only willing to change but those actively, consciously making the choice, over and over again, to participating in positive change in their own life.  Not changing others.  Changing oneself and in so doing being a positive and potent agent for evolution and enlightenment on the planet.  Am I dedicated to awakening and integrating my fragmented pieces or will I fall prey to the sleep states so readily available in society today?  Will I stay sober, stay the course and live for my purpose or will I live for my senses.  One is not better than the other, it is simply a question of who am I today?  One of the quickest ways for me to accomplish “staying the same” would be to drink, or to continue thinking that others are the cause of my feelings.  I have to remind myself that this is an inside out deal and remember that true power lies in my willingness to do the work within.   Whatever I am seeing out there is a fragment of my consciousness.  What have I not cleared?  How can I dig deeper?  Sometimes I feel quite strange in a world where things that are so meaningful to the masses, matter so little to me.  What does matter to me however is to do my spiritual work, to integrate my own fragments and to forget forever the idea that someone else might ever be responsible for how I am feeling in any given moment.  I am ready to take my power back through a renewed dedication this day to my inside out journey of integration and ultimately the revelation of my wholeness, of your wholeness, of wholeness as it exists at the center of all of life.   I know no matter what, when I show up to my mat, when I show up to do my spiritual work, when I show up to a meeting, when I show up… I am never sorry that I did… I am always so grateful that I did.  Find that thing that you least want to show up for and show up for it today for these are our greatest opportunities to maximize our growth and evolution. Today, I show up for life in all of its fullness.  I especially look for the opportunities that disguise themselves as those things that I do not want to do and I conquer them with a clear awareness that my doorways for growth live here.

2 comments: