Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Great Legacy Lives Forever, What's the Legacy You're Designing


I am proud to be alive today in this way.  I am proud to be Wilder Dwight’s sister today.  I am proud to be sober today.  I am proud to be a yogi today.  I am proud to be a friend today.  I am proud in the most non-egotistical way.  I am proud in the way that it is the natural joy of Spirit bubbling up in me.  I am joy in the way that I am grateful for it all.  I am grateful in the way that I am connected to it all.  I am connected to it all in the way that I am steeped in compassion for it all.  I am experiencing Unity and Presence.  The dedication to my spiritual practice is palpable on mornings like this when every cell in my body feels A’light.  I am genuinely happy and so very grateful to be alive.  I am so grateful that I didn’t have every glass of wine that I might have had.  I am so grateful for every moment that was not wasted in self-pity, self-seeking motives.  I am grateful that every moment that has stretched and challenged me, did not break me.  I am grateful that my progress has been built on something solid and that it continues in a forward moving direction – my growth is on the trajectory of my highest potential and it has nothing to do with me.  It has all to do with a spiritual life, applying the principles, walking through the challenges(most often hand in hand with others.), staying the course and being present.  I am inspired by my brothers legacy which was one of being at one.  He had this incredible ability to drop the mind and live from the heart.  From the heart he exemplified passion for the moment, for the person standing in front of him, for skiing, for life.  At 10 years old he got my sister who was 11 at the time out of bed in Florida and took her down to the beach to see the full moon.  He knew something about life that most people don’t and through my preparation to speak tonight at his banquet and my own spiritual growth and being witness to the incredible legacy and life energy that still lives 20 something years later, it occurred to me that if everyone lived the way Wilder did, there would be no reason to seek fulfillment from the outside in, life would indeed be the natural out-picturing of our inherent Joy that is within all of us.  Perhaps I am bubbling with a little bit of Wilder today.  Access to this state of grace today would be impossible without my sobriety and there are far too many angels to count who contribute to my sobriety and therefore this heaven that I am experiencing on earth.  What legacy are you leaving as you move through this world?  May Love burst forth from the center of your soul today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment