Saturday, May 19, 2012

Drop The Rock & Be Effective


I had a dream that I was moving rocks of all sizes around a garden and removing old and used wine glasses from my personal bag and putting them on a shelf.  I woke up with a feeling that I should read a book called Drop the Rock… if I remember correctly I think this is a 6th and 7th step AA approved literature book.   Yesterday I had a fantastic yoga teacher who spent the class facilitating growth in the area of recognizing the difference between efficiency and effectiveness.  “Efficiency” she said “is doing items two through ten on your to do list and never getting to the two most important things, effectiveness is doing now the most impactful thing” for our highest goals in life.

 I think I am at a place in my journey where I am ready to unload some of the burdens – rocks of judgment of self and others, rocks of shame for things I have done in the past, rocks of worry for the future, rocks of other peoples feelings that I have been carrying for years.  I am ready to face the fear and walk through it.  I am ready and standing for an expansion in my perception and to become the efficient AND effective woman of love and power that I am.  I feel myself as I write these words moving into clear seeing again.  I have been in a tunnel of what has felt like confusion and darkness turning to the light within me which continued to remind me that although it felt dark, I was on track and in alignment with my souls purpose and to keep forging the trail of unknown.   I noticed that this is the time when my disease likes to sneak in and attempt to coerce me into it’s trap…. Gently presenting itself as a sweet desire to have a glass of wine or a cold beer, but just like any other time I have continued to make the choice for my happiness, health and wholeness by not drinking, the Universe is rewarding me with a life that is better than I could have imagined.  It’s crazy to think that I would even consider trading this for a glass of wine, and yes, I have to remind myself that if I chose to pick up that drink, I am trading it all in for old grapes that have been stepped on by somebody’s dirty feet anyhow.

So in the light that I reside I chose again, my “blissipline,” as Michael Beckwith calls it, over my temptation and I am launched into the next orbit of my being.  It’s just that sometimes the cycle gets more rigorous than others and I find myself wrestling with my disease and sometimes it sits quietly in the wings because my recovery is so strong that there is no place for it to be in my mind.  The point is not that I am not doing something right or wrong.  The most important thing is that I am thoroughly honest about where I am in my disease.  Right now, I am dropping the rocks, I am releasing my burdens, one by one I am putting them down and at the same time I am putting my wine-glasses on the shelf.  No amount of time means you do or don’t experience wanting to drink or use again, but not saying something can be the catalyst – the fast track to trading it all in for another experience of the same.  Stay the course today, brothers and sisters.  Look at your life the day you began your journey in sobriety and look at your life now…. is it worth it?  Love and Joy to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment