Thursday, May 31, 2012

Awakening to the Miracles of Community




We sat in the car outside the meeting as the rain poured down on the windows, and we healed together.  The first miracle of my day today was the opportunity to secretary a meeting and to be of service in a city I don’t live in, along Lake Union’s waters edge in a yacht club.  The second miracle was an opportunity to say thank you and please forgive me to an old sponsor who was a fantastic sponsor and yet we didn’t always see eye to eye.   We had a moving conversation that was beautiful and challenging all in different moments throughout and with the rain pattering down on the window and the movement of Spirit in my body I began to sense and tap into the Principle of flow.  A gentle flow of life moving so beautifully through the expansiveness of my being.  An expansiveness that has been co-created by all of the wonderful mentors and friends in my life lately.  An expansiveness that has been created by my fourth and fifth steps(the three that I have done this year but especially as a result of the work I did at the retreat last weekend) An expansiveness which I showed up for, even when it has been tough.  It has been so tough at times, to the point where I wondered for just a moment… do I need some medication to get me through this?   No, folks, this is the real deal.  The real deal is sustainable and builds upon itself into new experiences and it comes with its fair share of ups and downs.  It has become increasingly clear to me that as a sober woman I don’t have the option to just check out anymore… sometimes I wish we could take safe vacations from sobriety but it’s just not a healthy option and sooo, being with the pain of the world when it rises like a wave is the choice I have that is in alignment with my goals and dreams… so I take it in and I breathe it out.  I followed an intuitive nudge to a yoga class this morning which was so beautiful because the instructor invited us all to gather at the front of the room when class begun.  With slight hesitation wondering why we would begin class in such a way we all gathered.  She said “I just want to check in with you about how you are feeling about the shootings yesterday.”  Wow! Wow! Wow!  After a moment of awe filled silence, people began to share their feelings and thoughts on the matter and once again I was in place for a deep and powerful healing with others.  When two or more gather in the name of Good, miracles happen.  I have already been privy to two of these sessions this morning.  It is evident that there is truth in the notion that the day of the lone wolf is over as people are hungry from a deeper place than ever to be bathed in the love of community.  This is being demonstrated by the budding communities and gatherings around the world...just today in the dressing room before yoga I smiled as I listened to a woman talking about moving to Peru to build a spiritual retreat center where all paths lead to the same One God... deep smile.  Together we face and perservere through the darkness that marks the dawning of a new day in the world.  I believe the world is going to be unrecognizable in a good way in our lifetimes and perhaps in the very near future.  I believe that we are in the midst of the biggest paradigm shift ever.  Therefore I know that now more than ever before my sobriety, spiritual practice and the activation of my deepest levels of faith are of the utmost importance, as are yours.  Show up for the miracle of two or more gathered and be as honest as you possibly know how to be.  The world is dying to be born anew through you, your honesty and your courage today.  Join us as we trudge the darkness that will soon fade to the light.  Love, Honesty, Light and Courage to you this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment